Buses, Carpool, Housing Available for Thursday’s Public Hearing
February 4, 2014
Want to come to the public hearing this Thursday night but either live too far away or don’t want to drive? Need a place to stay in town after the event? We can help! For those of you living near Bennington, Manchester, Sharon, Wilder, Newport, or St. Johnsbury, we have booked two charter buses! One will leave from Bennington at 2:00pm, stop in Manchester, Wilder and Sharon, then arrive in Montpelier around 5:00pm. The other bus will leave from Newport at 3:00pm, make a stop in St. Johnsbury around 3:45pm, and arrive in Montpelier around 5:00pm. (See details below.)
Once you arrive at the State House, come meet us in Room 11. We hope to see you all on Thursday! Stay tuned for other updates in preparation for the event!
THE SOUTHWEST BUS: Bennington/Wilder/Sharon Bus Details:
- Bennington (Stop #1): We are asking everyone to meet at Spice N’ Nice Natural Foods (223 North St. in Bennington)by 1:45pm at the latest. Because there isn’t room for the bus in the Spice N’ Nice parking lot, everyone will need to walk over to the Goodwill parking lot (215 North St.) to board the bus. The bus will leave from the Goodwill parking lot at 2:00pm.
- Manchester (Stop #2): We are using Zoey’s Double Hex restaurant (just off Route 7 at 1614 Depot St./Route 11) as the Manchester bus pick-up point. Anyone taking this bus will need to be in the Zoey’s parking lot by 2:20pm — please carpool if possible and park in the back of the lot. The bus will leave at 2:30.
- Wilder (Stop #3): The bus will stop at the Park & Ride on Rte 5 in Wilder, VT. Be ready to board at 3:30.
- Sharon (Stop #4): The bus will stop at the Sharon Trading Post in Sharon, VT located on the corner of Rte.132 and Rte.14, off exit 2 on I-89 in Sharon. Please park at the park & ride (diagonally across the street ) and walk over to the Trading Post. NO parking at the Trading Post please! Be ready to board at 3:50 on the Rte.132 side of the parking lot away from the gas pumps.
THE NORTHEAST BUS: Newport/St. J Bus Details:
- Newport (Stop #1): We are asking everyone to arrive at Newport Natural Market and Cafe (194 Main St. in Newport) by 2:45pm at the latest. The bus will leave from Newport Natural Market at 3:00pm.
- St. Johnsbury (Stop #2): The bus will make a stop at St. J Food Co-op (490 Portland St. in St. J) on the way to Montpelier. Please arrive at St. J Food Co-op by 3:30 at the latest. The bus will leave from St. J Food Co-op at 3:45pm.