Reports and Articles
General Information | Health and Safety | Environmental Impacts | Political Issues
- A GMO Scientist Becomes a GMO Skeptic: Organic Connections, 2014.
- USDA Goes Forward with Herbicide-Resistant GMO Seeds: RT, January 2014.
- Non-GMO Food Market to Hit $800 Billion by 2017, Environmental Leader, November 2013.
- GMOs: Fooling – er, “feeding” – the world for 20 years: GRAIN, 15 May 2013.
- The GMO Emperor Has No Clothes: A Global Citizens Report on the State of GMOs: 2011 report coordinated by Navdanya International, International Commission on the Future of Food and Agriculture, with the participation of The Center for Food Safety.
Health and Safety Impacts
- Compositional differences in soybeans on the market: Glyphosate accumulates in Roundup Ready GM soybeans: June 15, 2014.
- Why We Need GMO labels: CNN, Feburary 2014. Dave Schubert, professor at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies, on the lack of evidence regarding GMO safety and the need for labeling.
- The Food Industry’s Choice: by Robyn O’Brien, Nov 12, 2013.
- No Scientific Consensus on GMO Safety: October 2013. A statement released by ENSSER (European Network of Scientists for Social and Environmental Responsibility) discounting the misleading argument that all scientists agree on the safety of GMOs.
- Sources and Mechanisms of Health Risks from Genetically Modified Crops and Foods: Biosafety Briefing, Sept 2013.
- A long-term toxicology study on pigs fed a combined genetically modified (GM) soy and GM maize diet: Journal of Organic Systems, 2013.
- Brazil study on BT: Mezzomo, et al., Journal of Hematology and Thromboemblic Disease, 2013.
- Dr. Michael Hansen “Reasons for Labeling Genetically Engineered Foods”: A March 2012 letter by Dr. Michael Hansen, Consumers Union, to the American Medical Association.
- A literature review on the safety assessment of genetically modified plants. Environment International Volume 37, Issue 4, May 2011.
- Organic Trade Association’s GMO White Paper (2011): A comprehensive discussion of GMO issues and organic food and agriculture.
- “Safety Testing and Regulation of Genetically Engineered Foods,” Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering Reviews: Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering Reviews, November 2004. An excellent, in-depth technical review by two respected scientists.
- GM Watch Reports: Briefings, articles, profiles and reports from 2013 and 2014 that look beyond the hype of golden rice.
- Preventing GMO Contamination in your Open-Pollinated Corn: Seed Savers Exchange, December 2013.
- Update from the GM Free Brazil Campaign: Impact of the 10 years of the legalization of transgenic crops in Brazil, November 2013.
- Transgene escape – Global atlas of uncontrolled spread of by genetically engineered plants: Test Biotech, November 2013.
- Adverse impacts of transgenic crops/foods: Indian Environment Portal, January 2013
- Organic Trade Association’s GMO White Paper: A comprehensive discussion of GMO issues and organic food and agriculture, 2011.
- Constitutionality of GE Labeling Legislation in Vermont: A memorandum from the Environmental and Natural Resources Law Clinic demonstrating how Vermont’s GMO Labeling bill is legally defensible and meets all constitutional requirements.
- The Trigger Trap: Will Vermont Lawmakers Let Industry Strangle Another GMO Labeling Law?: Vermont has an opportunity to be the first state to pass a common sense labeling law that is not dependent on other states. This article, published in Common Dreams on February 5, 2014 was written by Will Allen and Kate Duesterberg, co-managers of Cedar Circle Farm and members of the Right To Know Coalition.
- FDA ‘respectfully declines’ judges’ plea for it to determine if GMOs belong in all-natural products: Food Navigator USA, January 2014.
- “Seed Giants vs U.S. Farmers” A comprehensive 2013 report from the Center for Food Safety on the consequences of corporate control of the seed industry and patented GE seeds.