Contact Your Legislator

VT_Senate_GMO_Public_Testimony_009Sometimes, the best way to tell your legislator something is to, well, tell them. Give them a call, send them an email, or even mail them a handwritten note. Remember, the most effective messages are the ones that come from the heart, so include your personal perspective on why this issue is important to you! Here are a few ways to get in touch:

  • Send an email
  • Give them a call: Another easy way to get the message to your elected official is to give them a call. When the Legislature is in session  (January through May) you can leave a message with the Sergeant at Arms office. Give them a call at 1-800-322-5616. Make sure you mention your name, town, and who you’re leaving the message for.  During the rest of the year you can contact your elected officials directly and let them know you support GMO labeling and thank them for their help in passing H.112! Just click the links to find the contact info for your Senators and Representatives.
  • Send a personal note: To really make an impact, one of the best things you can do is to send your legislators a handwritten note about why you support this legislation. Keep it professional, but make it personal! Legislators need to hear the specific reasons they are being asked to do this work! Address your notes like this:

[Your Legislator] 115 State Street Montpelier, VT 05633-5501